VMGSim 10.0 Release Highlights
- Extensive review of data to validate and improve where appropriate the estimations of several systems of importance to the oil and gas industry. Some of the mixtures reviewed included components such as glycols, H2, H2O, CO, CO2, BTEX, and light hydrocarbons, among others.
- Implementation of Wax Phase modeling. Waxy oil characterizations can be achieved using PIONA Characterization technique. Wax Precipitation calculations include Wax Appearance temperature, Wax Envelopes and Wax Precipitation curves.
- Added support for the VMGRefprop GERG property package.
- Added Lower and Upper Explosive Limits to the list of pure component properties.
- Added 95 components to the pure component database.
- Added Methane Number and Stoichiometric Air to Fuel Ratio calculations to the Refinery Special Properties unit operation.
- Improved interaction parameters of Hydrogen Fluoride / Water and Hydrogen Fluoride / Hydrocarbons in APR and APRNG2.
- Improved liquid viscosity of formaldehyde.
- Added Kinematic Viscosity to the list of properties that can be fitted in the OilProp Unit operation.
- Added Oil Analysis Unit Operation - this unit operation is able to produce oil analyses similar to those reported by analytical laboratories. Physical properties and curves are calculated for whole crude oils and their cuts.
- Added Swelling Test (Swe) to the list of experiments available in the PVT Analysis unit operation.
- Added Bulk Properties (Molecular Weight, Density and Saturation Pressure) calculations to the Cn Analysis unit operation.
- Hydrotreater unit operation.
- Hydrocracker unit operation.
- Visbreaker unit operation.
- Included detailed light ends kinetic tuning parameters in all PIONA molecular structure reactors for C1 to C4 range.
- Added Service Time coke thickness calculation option to the Ethylene cracking furnace unit operation for start to end service time performance solutions.
- Module to inspect profiles of "pipeline paths" by allowing users to select a list of connected pipelines and inspect the main variables in a single plot.
- Added a dedicated tab to display profiles that are typical to flow assurance such as hydrates, waxes, phase envelope.
- Elevation profile import with GIS data (lat / lon).
- Overall improvements to the layout of form to input pipe details - this includes new options to input elevation profiles.
- Ability to integrate different parts of a model with different step sizes, and to adjust the step sizes based on convergence and error magnitude.
- Option in integrator to use 2nd order BDF integration.
- Feature to accelerate to steady state / stop when steady state reached.
- Shortcut thermodynamic models for faster simulations.
- Pipe rupture / blowdown.
- Flow in pipe annulus / concentric flow.
- Separator internals (buckets and weirs).
- Column Builder assistant.
- Unequal phase split in tee junctions.
- Diener Schmidt method (ISO 4126 part 10) for flashing choke.
- Added an overall emissions summary (flash, tank, loading) to the Emissions Manager.
- Added a module for loading emissions inside of the Tank Emissions utility.
Recycles and Controllers
- Redesigned the convergence manager to expose more details related to the status of controllers and recycles.
- Added a tab to the Flowsheet form called "Convergence Plot" - this tab contains graphical representation of the convergence of controllers and recycles.
- Added a Recycle tab when a recycle is being used that can be used to configure tolerances per variable and also to view the status of the iteration variables.
- Membrane Unit Operation.
- Fired Heater Unit Operation.
- Burner Unit Operation.
- Added air to flow ratio variables to Claus Oxygen Calculator and Claus Fired Heater.
- Option in Multisided Heat Exchanger to solve with shortcut flash models that are automatically updated to preserve the accuracy of rigorous flashes, typical cases may be sped up by a factor of 10.
- Varied improvements to the feature set of the heat exchanger and air cooler rating options.
- Enhanced foreign language support for PFD Stencils, Case Study, Model Regression, Optimizer, Towers & Oil Characterization environment.
- Support for integers in Optimizer when using Nelder Mead.
And much more!
Contact your local support office for more information.
Registered web users can download VMGSim 10.0 here.