Tips & Tricks: Importing and Exporting a Property Package
In VMGSim 6.5 we have added an Import/Export feature to the property package form. This will allow you to reuse a property package which is configured in an existing case in another case with a couple clicks. The Import/Export feature includes thermodynamic model, compounds, compound list order as well as any hypos that are contained in a property package.
The following is an example of how to export a property package from an existing case and then import it into another existing case.
- Open any existing VMGSim case with the property package you would like to Export.
- Click on the button in the toolbar to open the property package form.
- Navigate to the Property Package Tab and click on the Export Button.
- Chose a name and location where to save the VMGSim property package export file and then click save.
- Start a new case or open an existing case and then click the button in the toolbar to open the property package form.
- Navigate to the Property Package Tab and click on the Import Button.
- If would like to add another property package to an existing case click No when asked if you would like to replace the existing property package with the imported one. Selected the desired property package import file and then click Open.
- You will now see the imported property package in the Property Package List and can start using it in your models as you would if you configured it from scratch.
Please contact your local VMG office for more information.