Symmetry Dynamics Training
The Dynamics course is a fast-paced, hands-on course where attendees receive in-depth instruction in dynamic model building and application of dynamic simulation in Symmetry. This course will provide attendees with a fundamental understanding of dynamic simulation and key differences from typical steady-state analysis. You will also learn the best workflow for converting steady-state models into dynamics, as well as building dynamic models from scratch including distillation columns, control strategies, and blowdown studies.
Areas of Focus:
- Understanding the dynamic simulation solution method
- Best practice specifications, guidelines and rules
- Unit operations – Dynamic models for commonly used unit operations, i.e., exchangers, compressors, pipes, pumps, separators, turbo-expanders, etc.
- Depressuring studies including fire cases
- Valves – Dynamic models for control valves and relief valves, including actuator dynamics, two phase relief and choked flow
- Hydraulic Modeling in Symmetry Dynamics
- Pipeline/gathering network pigging/slugging
- Compressor Train modeling
- Controller functionality, general discussion on tuning
- Distillation column dynamics, configuring columns and controls
- Transitioning models from Steady state to Dynamics, initializing models
- Dynamic flare network modeling for relief/blowdown scenarios
- Dynamic plant models (eg. cryogenic gas plants, amine & glycol units, sulfur recovery units) allowing control system analysis, operational studies, virtual plant startups, plant shutdowns, malfunctions, scenarios, etc.
- Specialized unit operations – Selector block, Event Scheduler for automated scenarios, Cause & Effect Matrix, etc.
August 14 - 15
To register for a course please provide your name, company, and preferred course date.
Attendance is limited. Early registration is recommended. Laptops are required.