Process Simulation Development
Developing sophisticated tools, such as:
- Online monitoring systems
- Dedicated optimization algorithms
Applications can be developed as native VMGSim or Excel unit operations, debugged and tested simulations, or as entire custom applications using our powerful VMGSim COM interface.
Thermodynamic Model Development
At VMG we use rigorous thermodynamic methods and our extensive experimental data library to help you overcome your modelling challenges for a variety of industrial processes.
We have the knowledge and the tools necessary to use your legacy data and models to deliver custom property packages that are ready to run with VMGSim.
Our modeling capabilities cover a variety of applications:
- Natural gas processing
- Chemical, specialty chemicals, and chemically reactive systems
Custom Model Development
We live and work in the heart of the oil and gas industry, so we understand your needs. We gear our work towards translating your needs into software solutions that get the job you need done right, quickly and as accurately as possible.
Do you have an excellent program developed in-house that is not maintainable anymore? We can ensure that your technology will be relevant and useable for years to come.
VMGSim consulting projects range from the development of custom simulations to specialized unit operation design:
- Gasification operations
- Gas to liquids reactors
- Special Heat Exchangers
- Power Cycle Optimization
- Power Consumption Optimization
VMGThermo consulting projects range from the integration of our property package system with third party applications to the development of specialized property packages or model parameters for the thermodynamic modeling of complex mixtures:
- Azeotropic Distillation and Dehydration
- Oil characterization
- Bitumen characterization for solvent plant simulation
- Ionic models for sour water modeling
- Solid-Liquid-Vapour equilibrium for cryogenic separation systems
Our propreitary tools help deliver quality solutions to specific problems you may have.
From engineering components based on VMGSim COM and VMGThermo for a soft-sensor, development of specialized programs using our graphical user interface, to the development of your own internal brand of process simulator with specialized interface and unit operations:
- Custom branded process simulators
- Soft sensors
- Operator Trainers
- Custom software products based on your specifications and our tools
- Custom software and internal product design