Technical Support Engineer
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Virtual Materials Group (VMG) is a fast growing and dynamic company where you will work with a small team of engineers to deliver excellent technical support to process engineering firms around the world. As a technical support engineer you will be responsible for assisting customers with simulation cases from a wide variety of industries, ranging from oil and gas to refining to chemicals and alternative energy sources including the latest process technologies used in the research and industrial fields.
The position involves understanding requirements from customers and responding to their questions in a timely manner. The main focus of this position involves extensive use of VMGSim’s steady state and dynamics capabilities in conjunction with basic principles of chemical engineering.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilties
- Provide feedback and guidance to process engineers using VMGSim.
- Troubleshoot customer’s simulation cases and installations.
- Understand customer objectives in order to facilitate the best use of VMGSim’s features and capabilities.
- Communicate with customers over the phone and through emails.
- Act as the liaison between the customer and VMG’s development team to incorporate users’ feedback on ways to improve VMGSim.
- Develop simulation models featuring common processes important to our client base.
- Develop training material for new and experienced users.
- Develop and update of both internal and external documentation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience with process simulation, particularly in the oil and gas industry. Dynamics simulation experience is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Experience with VMGSim is preferable.
- Advanced knowledge of the Windows operating system is an asset.
- Familiarity with VBA programming is helpful.
- Understanding of thermodynamics and underlying principles for unit operations and process equipment.
- Self-starter with solid communication skills (interpersonal, written & presentation).
- Creativity to come up with practical solutions when no out-of-the-box solutions are available.
- Ability to translate areas of opportunity from customers’ needs into tangible software feature specifications.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to rapidly switch activities.
- Ability to work under little supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members, world-wide offices and key stakeholders.
If you are interested in becoming part of the VMG team please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in advance but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.