Simulation Software Developer - Thermodynamics Specialist
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Do you wish you could create software in a place where you are challenged and you see your contributions making a difference in a fast growing, dynamic and unorthodox company? Virtual Materials Group (VMG) may be the company for you. We are looking for top notch developers to help us shape the future of our process simulator for the oil & gas industry.
This position involves the application of computational thermodynamics to the oil & gas industry. It requires in-depth knowledge of thermodynamics theory including equations of state, activity coefficient models, property estimation, oil characterization, distillation, and related areas. The ideal candidate has experience with research and scientific advancement but is always grounded to realistic applications and user requirements. The core component of this position is scientific software research and development, but the position also involves complementary activities as required such as technical writing and customer support.
Skills & Requirements
- 3 or more years of experience in scientific software development with focus in process thermodynamics and process simulation
- Experience with advanced thermodynamic models such as Cubic Plus Association (CPA) or SAFT is preferable
- Experience in process engineering / design using process simulators
- Strong foundation in object oriented design, algorithms and problem solving
- Strong software development practices
- Ability to work on all aspects of the lifecycle of a product, including design, implementation and testing
- Flexibility to adapt to different programming languages and technologies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience in Python and C++ highly desirable
- Eligible to work in Canada
Our work environment is challenging and rewarding. You’ll get to work with a very talented pool of experts on a variety of disciplines all focused towards a common goal. We value employees that love their job and get things done while having a balanced life.
About Virtual Materials Group
Virtual Materials Group Inc. (VMG) develops process modeling, equipment design and thermodynamic property prediction software that are used by our clients to design and optimize chemical processing systems around the world. Some of the largest process companies on the planet use VMGSim every day to help make their operations better.
Typical industries that use our software are oil and gas processing, refining, petrochemical, oil sands processing, alternative energy producers and processes for control and minimization of greenhouse gas emissions. Our goal is to make engineers as productive as possible by providing them with the best simulation tools in the industry.
If you are interested in becoming part of the VMG team please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in advance but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.