Simulation Consulting Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
As a result of our success in the process simulation software business, VMG (a Schlumberger Technology) is expanding its team of Simulation Consulting Engineers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer-focused, technical professional who is looking for a position that provides excitement and variety while building expertise in the process simulation and thermodynamic software market.
The Simulation Consulting Engineer will perform technical sales by presenting and demonstrating our software to prospective customers. This position will also implement our simulation products, provide basic technical support, and assist our product experts in training sessions for customers and prospects.
Duties & Responsibilties
- Work directly with prospects to develop technical solutions and business cases
- Provide customer service and technical support throughout the entire sales cycle (before, duting and after)
- Manage technical training and strategic consulting plans for customers
- Identify beneficial customer requirements and work with VMG’s development team to develop industry solutions
- Meet software sales targets
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to listen and determine value propositions for our software and services
- Ability to work with clients of all sizes
- Understand process management needs
- Be customer-focused and service oriented
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in creating, running, and applying chemical process simulation software (familiarity with Symmetry (VMGSim) is an asset)
- Base salary plus commission
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
If you are interested in becoming part of the VMG Houston team please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in advance but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.