Marketing & Communications Director
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Duties & Responsibilities
The Marketing & Communications Director, a member of the executive team based in Calgary, will report directly to the CEO and help to position the company for international growth through the development and implementation of a sound strategic marketing strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan to advance VMG’s global brand identity on a strategic and operational level
- Implement a marketing strategy to effectively position the company with key customers and industry players in existing, new, and emerging markets
- Plan, develop, and implement branding/marketing strategies, advertising/marketing communications, social media, exhibits, public relations, and market research
- Exercise sound judgment, assertiveness, and leadership while also exemplifying integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Show strong operational skills, including budgeting, financial management, data analysis, documentation, and developing key performance metrics
- Industry experience and competitor awareness
- Advanced degree in engineering and/or marketing and communications
- Experience in creating and optimizing successful partnerships
- Proven experience with marketing models, strategy development and executional planning, marketing data analytics & research methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage internal and external audiences
The Work Environment
Our work environment is challenging and rewarding. You’ll get to work with a very talented pool of experts on a variety of disciplines all focused towards a common goal. We value employees that love their job and get things done while having a balanced life.
About Virtual Materials Group
Virtual Materials Group Inc. (VMG) develops and sells process modeling software that is used by our clients to design, debottleneck and optimize chemical processing systems. Some of the largest process companies on the planet use VMGSim every day to model their operations.
Typical industries that use our software are in gas processing, oil refining, petrochemical, oil sands processing, alternative energy producers and processes for control and minimization of greenhouse gas emissions. Our goal is to make engineers as productive as possible by providing them with the best simulation tools in the industry.
If you are interested in becoming part of the VMG team and help us continue to grow, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.